Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Tolerance Blog

I think a person can be more tolerant to others by being open minded,willing to try new things, and understanding others cultures and traditions. I think I can be more tolerant of others by trying to learn about their traditions and understanding their culture. When I say the word tolerance, I think of tolerant. Tolerant is being open to others ideas, like that one food is better than an other, even though you might not also agree with them. It also means, acceptance. A big part of tolerance is acceptance because if you're more accepting of others and their beliefs then you'll be more tolerant of others cultures. People can live a more tolerant life by not being prejudice. Just because a person might've experienced a situation they didn't enjoy, doesn't mean every person that is that race,gender,etc are going to act the same exact way. There's somethings in life that people just won't stand for and can't tolerate. One of the things that I can't tolerate whatsoever is discrimination of people in the LGBT community. In the beginning of this great nation being born, one of the main reasons for people coming over here, was to be free to do whatever that they felt was right, be free. Though now all of those ideas have been changed due to things like social media, t.v. shows, movies, and worst of all, just us as people. When I hear about discrimination about the LGBT community it just makes me upset. Although others might not agree, all religion and biases beside, I think if you love someone, no matter what gender, you should be able to be with them. I've always been pretty tolerant of things but then again there are things that I can't stand which I have to learn to cope with to become a better, and more understanding person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment